1) RIOFAN – RIO FANTASTIC FESTIVAL is a festival dedicated to horror, sci-fi and fantasy films, with activities related to comics, games, visual arts, literature and geek culture in general. Its main purpose is to reveal and enhance national and international cultural production, stimulating local and Latin American works. RIOFAN is permanently seeking new voices and innovative works of art.
2) RIOFAN 2013 will take place in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from August 1st to August 4th.
3) Among the various sections of the festival is a competitive exhibition of international short and feature films.
4) Directors, producers, distributors and sales agents can submit their films according to the following rules:
4.1) Any film produced and/or shown publicly for the first time in the last 24 months. We accept films of any lenght, including fiction, experimental, animation and documentary.
4.2) Films commercially released in theaters in Rio de Janeiro or available on Brazilian homevideo market can not participate in the competitive section, although they may appear in other sections of the event.
5) To submit a film, you must write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
a) Film title;
c) Production company;
d) Running time;
e) Country of origin;
f) Production year;
g) Email for contact;
h) Official website;
i) Screening format (h264, digital file, blu-ray, DVD).
5.1) Please include in the email a link for the online screener, if available, or instructions for downloading a screener. If you wish to send the film in DVD or Blu-ray, please send it to the following address:
RIOFAN – Rio Fantastic Festival
Avenida Beira Mar, 262, Sala 403 – Centro
Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
5.2) All costs and shipping charges are the sole responsibility of the sender. For international submissions, the package must be sent by regular mail. Please avoid courier services, because the festival can not accept customs charges. Remember that the package must clearly contain the words: “FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY – WITHOUT COMMERCIAL VALUE”.
5.3) Registration will start on April 25, 2013. The deadline for submitting all materials for preselection is July 1st, 2013. Packets postmarked after July 1st will not be considered.
5.4) There is no limit to the number of films a director or producer may submit; however, each entry must be accompanied by their own materials for pre-selection.
5.5) The information contained in the registration email are the sole responsibility of the candidate.
5.6) RIOFAN does not charge submission fees nor does it pay screening fees. The festival encourages directors, producers, sales agents and distributors to register their works. Registration is open to professionals and non-professional filmmakers anywhere.
5.7) By entering your film or video to RIOFAN, you guarantee to have all permits and licenses required for your film to be shown publicly. The director / producer shall have or hold the full rights to distribute his film and all data contained therein, including the original or incorporated soundtrack.
5.8) Screeners and materials for pre-selection will not be returned.
5.9) Your submission implies acceptance of these rules. Your signature on the registration form implies express permission to screening the film in RIOFAN 2013 and gives the festival total rights of exhibition, if the film is selected.
6) RIOFAN chooses and invites all the films presented in the sections of the festival. RIOFAN is responsible for programming all festival events. The RIOFAN board of directors will decide the dates and times of selected films.
7) If your film or video is selected by the festival, you will be contacted via e-mail. You must provide any additional documentation requested by RIOFAN, if necessary. An invitation to the festival can not be transferred to another movie, or exchanged for cash prizes or any other kind.
7.1) The following documentation must be sent as soon as possible:
a) A dialogue list for translation, if necessary.
b) Promotional materials such as pictures, posters, press-books, etc., so that the film can be promoted as best as possible. The festival reserves the right not to return these materials. Accepting the invitation to participate in the festival implies the permission to use the names of directors and promotional materials for advertising and promotion without additional compensation. You agree to have up to two minutes of your film to be used for promotional
7.2) If the film is selected, RIOFAN will contact their representatives to choose the format in which the film will be screened and issues relating to transportation of the copy. Directors and producers can contact RIOFAN about the possibility of sending the copies through the embassy of their countries. If you decide to be present during the festival, RIOFAN can recommend hotels and services in the city of Rio de Janeiro, but the festival does not cover
the costs of their travel or accommodation. Airfare, ground transportation, hotel, food and beverage consumption, telephone calls, and other personal expenses are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the participant.
8) By popular vote, the audience at the festival will select the winners of the RIOFAN Award. Ballots will be distributed during the screenings, and the votes will be counted according to a formula using weighted averages. The film that receives the highest percentage of votes based on the formula will be the winner. Winners will be announced at closing night of the festival. The presence of a representative of the film during the ceremony is not required for receiving an award.
9) Participation in RIOFAN presumes acceptance of the rules contained in this document.
10) The board of RIOFAN reserves the right to decide all issues omitted in this rules and all doubts and questions that may arise during the festival.
Grade de horários